New York is just getting better and better! I am having such a great time and I am meeting all these nice and fun people!
It is getting busier at my job as a costume designer and photographer but it's a good busy:)
I kept thinking that I wasn't doing enough while I am here and there was this pressure to always go out, but then I realized that the best way to feel at home in a new city is to do just the things that you enjoy. And that's exactly what I have been doing! So the pressure isn't always there any more and I am feeling much more relaxed:)
Now, just a few fun facts about this incredible place called New York City that I have experienced so far:
- Not everybody is dressed as Carrie Bradshaw! I was so surprised to see that most of the woman are dressing themselves in pretty plain clothes. A bit of a disappointment there, but on the other hand, when I do see a Carrie I am very excited about it:-)
- So many people! I guess everybody already knew that one, but there really are always so many people out on the street and I just love it! It's so lively!
- New York Cheesecake really is the best:) (and also the pizzas, brownies, cookies....)
- There are many stores that hire people to just stand at the door and welcome you. I just love this and I am amazed at how New Yorkers are already used to this, while I have never experienced it before:)
- Walking shoes are really necessary in this city, or you do what every fashionista does and wear you flats, change into heels outside the door of you destination and hide your flats in your bag!
Taking and editing pictures for my work
Discovering all the fun neighborhoods of New York
For more NYC Diary pictures go to my instagram page!