Day two: shirt into Braid Necklace
Make this simple braided necklace out of just one shirt! It's very soft to wear and easy to make! Here's how:
1. Take an old shirt.
2. Cut the sleeves of and cut the shirt into long strips. The width of your strips depends on how thick you'll want your necklace to be. I cut them about 2.5 cm.
3. Cut the fabric until you have 9 strips.
4. Start braiding a simpel 3 strand braid.
5. Repeat braiding until you have 3 braids. Braid a new 3 strand braid with your braided strips.
6. Cut six more strips from the shirt, but this time cut them thinner: about 1 cm in width. Use them to make two smaller braids.
7. Cut the endings of the big braid and use some glue to seal it.
8. Attach the smaller braids to the ends of your big braid with some glue.
9. Take a small leftover piece of fabric and wrap it around the part were you attached the braids together. Use a small amount of glue.
All you have to do know is, tie it around your neck, and that's it! Easy right?!
Pictures by Lana